Unwanted hair is one of the most significant issues most women face for ages. They don’t do any potential harm but may impact your self-esteem and the standard of aesthetics. Although body hair is natural among humans, women generally tend to have less hair than men. Moreover, most women are comfortable with their body hair, which is fantastic. Still, many women suffer from excessive hair growth at specific parts of their body like the face, hands and underarms. For them, Laser hair removal treatment in Kolkata would be an effective method to get rid of unwanted hair.
Unwanted body hair can be removed either by waxing or by using razor or hair removal creams. But all these methods are temporary and might harm your skin in the long term. At the same time, Laser Hair Removal is an advanced medical process that generates effective results. Moreover, it is a safe procedure practised by a dermatologist.
What Is Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure to remove unwanted body hair by using pulses of targeted laser light. It destroys the hair follicles and delays the regrowth of the hair. It is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures across the globe. However, it generally requires 6-8 sessions to get an effective outcome.
The standard treatment location of laser hair removals are hands, legs, underarms, upper lips, chin etc. It can be done in any part of the body except the sensitive region like the eyelids.
- Skin with tattoos is not suitable for laser hair removal treatment in Kolkata.
- Sensitive body parts should be avoided.
- Dark-skinned people should be cautious before undergoing the treatment as it is especially suitable for people with dark hair and light skin. The laser beam destroys the hair follicles, not the skin; therefore, the colour difference between skin and hair colour is recommended. But these days, cosmetologists in Kolkata are using advanced tools to help dark skin people to remove unwanted hair without any harm.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Hair removal?
The popularity of this treatment indicates that the process yields a lot of benefits, such as
Effectiveness: Laser Hair removal is a highly effective process, and the result lasts a very long time. With repeated sessions, the growth of the hair reduces rapidly, and at a time, the hair stops regrowing. That is why it is called a permanent procedure.
Speed: It is a super-fast procedure. A laser beam can treat a quarter area per second and remove as much hair as possible. For smaller portions like this, it takes hardly a few minutes, while more significant parts like the back or legs might take an hour.
Precise Effect: The laser beam offers detailed results and targets coarse and darker hairs while leaving the surrounded area unharmed.
Predictability: Laser Hair Removal treatment in Kolkata offers a permanent hair removal effect after 6-8 through sessions, thus making it one of the desired cosmetic procedures
What to Do Before the Treatment
Laser Hair Removal treatment is not an easy process; instead, it requires strict care before undergoing the treatment. It is a medical cosmetic process, so it is essential to check the clinic from where you are planning to get it done. An advanced clinic with modern tools and amenities and a team of experienced medical practitioners are required to carry out the process. So it is vital to check the credentials of the clinic and the practitioner.
Furthermore, you need to stop some saloon processes like waxing & plucking six weeks before the treatment.
You should limit sun exposure and try to avoid it six weeks before the treatment as it may make the skin more festive during the procedure.
The Process of Laser Hair Removal
Here we have jotted down the step by step procedure of Laser Hair Removal treatment in Kolkata.
- At first, the area that is to be treated is cleaned with a non-comedogenic soap and dried throughout
- The hair is trimmed short just a few millimeter above the skin
- Then a topical numbing lotion is applied and left for 20-30 minutes till it starts the action
- The equipment is adjusted according to the hair’s thickness, color, location, and surrounding areas.
- Eye protection is essential for both of you if you are willing to remove facial hair.
- A cold gel is applied to the skin surface to initiate the cooling process
- The practitioner will send a pulse of the laser beam to the prepared area and ensure that you feel comfortable and relaxed.
- The doctor will monitor and check the progress.
- After the procedure, an inflammatory lotion or ice pack is applied to the treated areas.
- Your doctor will examine the skin and schedule your next session for around 6-8 weeks.
What Are the After Care Process
As it is a laser light procedure, you need to be cautious and maintain specific rules to maximize the outcome while minimizing the risk.
- The treated area of the skin will look sunburned for two to three days and must be protected from direct sunlight.
- You can use a cold compress and moisturizing lotions to calm any irritation.
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with An SPF of 50 or above where you are going out in the sun. Wear full-sleeved clothes to protect the area from direct sunlight if you have undergone the treatment on your hand.
- Your skin may form blisters if you have susceptible skin.
Some of the widespread side effects of Laser Hair Removal treatment are as follows.
Irritation & eruption: Skin irritation is very natural after Laser hair removal treatment which will disappear within a few days. If it persists, then you must contact your dermatologist.
Change in pigment: The process either lightens or darkens the surrounding skin, which goes away within a few days, but those who avoid direct sun exposure might permanently harm their skin.
Laser hair removal is a great way to permanently remove unwanted and coarse hair from visible parts of the body. The process is pain-free, quick, effective and affordable. For any queries, you can contact us, and we will guide you thoroughly.